Hardwood Styles and Materials
You can use any type of wood for your home design; choose a flattering color or pick something that matches your furniture. Once you’ve selected a material, choose thin or wide planks and select a finish to complete your visual effect.
- Texture: Part of picking the hardwood you like is considering the finishes offered. Smooth is the most traditional as they are sanded flat then finished. Next, is wire-brushed where wire- brushes are used to clean with their coarse, firm bristles creating a texture that adds more dimension to the wood. Hand-scraped hardwood is considered premium, as artisans use scrapers and drawn knives on wood flooring which adds character and depth to the material.
- Engineered: Engineered flooring looks nearly identical to hardwood on the surface but one of the core differences is that instead of a single wood plank, engineered is made of a high-quality plywood core with a thin layer of hardwood flooring on top. This makes it a more affordable option. Unlike hardwood, engineered floors cannot be refinished.
- Species: Five hardwood species (oak, walnut, hickory, maple, and cherry) are among the most common choices for residential flooring. Oak is known for its warm tones and fine grain characteristics while walnut tends to have deep, rich chocolate tones with large grain patterns. Hickory typically features a range of hues and is ideal for high traffic areas. Maple is fairly lighter than the others with a finer grain pattern while cherry tends to be better for lower traffic areas being that it’s considered softer than the others.
Why Choose Hardwood Flooring?
Hardwood floors are a timeless choice for both homes and businesses, offering a multitude of benefits that make them a top pick for discerning individuals.
Here is why you should consider hardwood floors:
- Elegance and Aesthetics: Hardwood exudes a natural, warm beauty that elevates any space’s aesthetic appeal, creating a welcoming and sophisticated atmosphere.
- Durability: Solid hardwood and engineered hardwood floors are renowned for their long-lasting performance, with the ability to withstand heavy foot traffic and everyday wear and tear.
- Easy Maintenance: Hardwood floors are easy to clean and maintain, requiring minimal effort to keep them looking pristine.
- Health and Allergen Benefits: Unlike carpets, hardwood floors do not trap dust, allergens, or pet dander, contributing to improved indoor air quality.
- Value Addition: Hardwood floors add value to your property, making them a wise investment for both homes and businesses.
At Destin Flooring America, we offer two types of hardwood: Solid and Engineered, ensuring that you find the perfect hardwood flooring solution to suit your needs and preferences.
Best Residential Uses for Hardwood Flooring
First things first, installing hardwood floors in your home will only increase the value. Hardwood floors are known for their durability and ease of cleanliness. You can refinish and repair them as the years go by. Hardwood floors look lovely in nearly any room; they bring warmth into living rooms and elegance into bedrooms. Hardwood often makes rooms look bigger than they really are, and the material looks amazing with any interior design motif.
Here are the best places for hardwood flooring:
- Hallways: Hardwood flooring in hallways not only adds a touch of sophistication, but also provides durability to withstand the constant foot traffic. It creates a seamless flow throughout your home.
- Entryways: The entryway is the first impression of your home, and hardwood flooring exudes a warm and inviting welcome. It is easy to clean and can handle dirt and moisture effectively.
- Living Areas: Hardwood floors in living areas, such as the living room or family room, elevate the overall aesthetic and provide a versatile backdrop for various decor styles. They are also easy to maintain, making them ideal for these high-traffic spaces.
Incorporating hardwood flooring in these areas not only enhances their functionality but also adds lasting beauty and value to your home.
Hardwood Commercial Flooring
Hardwood flooring is a superb choice for various areas within a business setting, offering both elegance and durability.
Here are the best places for hardwood flooring in a business:
- Interior Hallways: Hardwood flooring in interior hallways lends an air of sophistication and durability. It can withstand high foot traffic, ensuring a lasting impression on clients and visitors.
- Lobbies: The lobby is often the first point of contact for customers and partners. Hardwood flooring in lobbies not only exudes professionalism but also provides ease of maintenance and long-lasting appeal.
- Guest Rooms: In the hospitality industry, hardwood flooring in guest rooms creates a luxurious and inviting atmosphere. It is not only aesthetically pleasing but also easy to clean and maintain, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay for guests.
By incorporating hardwood flooring in these business areas, you can enhance the overall ambiance, impress stakeholders, and ensure a lasting and attractive environment.
We are Your One-Stop Shop for Hardwood Floors
Hardwood flooring is a timeless investment for both homes and businesses, offering unmatched elegance and durability. From the welcoming allure it adds to your entryways and hallways to the lasting impression in your living areas or guest rooms, hardwood floors are a versatile and practical choice.
At Destin Flooring America, we are committed to helping you make the right decision for your space. Our expertise and selection of both solid and engineered hardwood options ensure you find the perfect fit. When it comes to hardwood flooring, Destin Flooring America is your one-stop shop for all your needs. Contact us today to explore the endless possibilities of hardwood flooring.